She Is. She Can. She WILL.
Then Queen Esther answered, “If I have found favor in your sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be granted me for my wish, and my people for my request.”
She Saves a Nation exists to empower refugee, internally displaced and marginalized girls as leaders who will change their nation and the world.
She Saves a Nation exists to empower the God-given voice given to the girl-child, redefining her story & releasing her to be a taker of destiny.
This mission is achieved through educational empowerment, leadership development, health & hygiene education, trauma healing & mentorship.
She Saves a Nation desires to see every woman & girl transforming the world through bold leadership, after she discovers, harnesses and unleashes her unique power, potential & purpose.
We serve girls in Kenya, Uganda & Thailand with the vision to strategically expand to girls in India. In each of these nations, displaced girls seek refuge, education and safety, opportunities for women are scarce, and conflict/poverty are prevalent.
STATISTICS: (Source: UN Women)
- Only 1% of refugees have access to higher education.
- Each year, 12 million girls under 18 are married
- 130 million girls worldwide are still out of school
- 15 million adolescent girls aged 15-19 experience forced sex
- A girl with an extra year of education can earn 20% more as an adult (The World Bank)
- As many as one in 10 girls in sub-Saharan Africa are missing school during menstruation
- Adolescent girls in displacement face heightened risks of exploitation including sexual abuse and gender-based violence, forced marriage, and early pregnancy
- In a single year, an estimated 150 million girls are victims of sexual violence. (UNIFEM) 50% of sexual assaults in the world victimize girls under the age of 15 (UNFPA)
- Around the world, nearly four million refugees reside in planned or self-settled camps. 4 out of the 10 most populous refugee camps in the world are in Kenya – UN Refugee Agency
- 780 Million people, 11% of the world’s population, live in extreme poverty on less than $1.90 per day
SSAN desires to see every woman & girl transforming the world after she discovers, harnesses and unleashes her unique power, potential & purpose.