Subscribe for Updates
- Only 1% of refugees have access to higher education.
- 66 million girls are out of school globally. (UNESCO) A girl with an extra year of education can earn 20% more as an adult. (The World Bank)
- As many as one in 10 girls in sub-Saharan Africa are missing school during menstruation.
- Adolescent girls in displacement face heightened risks of exploitation including sexual abuse and gender-based violence, forced marriage, and early pregnancy
- In a single year, an estimated 150 million girls are victims of sexual violence. (UNIFEM) 50% of sexual assaults in the world victimize girls under the age of 15 (UNFPA).
- Around the world, nearly four million refugees reside in planned or self-settled camps. 4 out of the 10 most populous refugee camps in the world are in Kenya – UN Refugee Agency
SSAN desires to see every woman & girl transforming the world after she discovers, harnesses and unleashes her unique power, potential & purpose.